Clinical Supervision II
Tuesday May 12, 2020
8:30am - 5:00pm
7.5 contact hours total:
- NBCC approved credit hours
- NCSAPPB approved 7.5 hours, clinical supervision specific (CSS), including 3 hours of (ETHICS).
This year, we will begin Clinical Supervision II with the text, Clinical Supervision Activities for Increasing Competence and Self-Awareness by Bean, Davis, and Davey. This curriculum captures a new movement of mindfulness and contemplative clinical supervision that focuses not only on clinical skills but also on developing self-awareness in the professional relationship between counselor and client.
Just a few of the topics include:
- Addressing Resistance to Behavior Change
- Teaching Self-Compassion to Decrease Performance Anxiety in Clinicians
- Exploring Personal Roles and Themes in Clinical Training
- Diversity-Focused Competence and Self-Awareness
- Increase Awareness of multicultural issues in therapy and supervision
- Explore and develop skills in addressing gender and ethnicity
- Develop a better understanding of privilege and disadvantage
- Working with co-occurring disorders of SA and mental illness
Lunch, snacks, coffee, water, and tea are all included!
We look forward to seeing you there!
Presented by Linda Harrison, LPCS, CCS, MAC
Recommended reading: Clinical Supervision Activities for Increasing Competence and Self-Awareness