Ethics in Mental Health and Substance Use Treatment
Tuesday, February 11, 2020
1:00pm - 5:30pm
4 credit hours total:
- 4 NBCC approved credit hours
- NCSAPPB approved credit hours of substance use specific (SS) & ethics (ETHICS)
If you’ve had “Ethics” workshops before, you know how boring they can be…. Well, this one is definitely far from boring! Ethics will be specific to both mental health and substance use. Participants will explore the gray areas of ethics and submit their own past and present ethical dilemmas for the group to examine and share their feedback. Case studies will support developing a clear and concise strategy for holding professional ethics and confidentiality as well as making decisions about how to address infractions. We will draw from NCSAPPB, NASW, and ACA ethical standards and how licenses in more than one discipline will impact your practice. We’ll look at current trends in ethics violations and where ethics meet NC Mental Health Law.
- Identify most commonly breached ethics.
- Share and resolve real-time ethical concerns as brought forth by workshop participants.
- Learn and develop a plan for addressing ethical concerns you may encounter as well as how to support fellow co-workers and supervisees in addressing them.
Snacks, coffee, tea, and water served!
We look forward to seeing you there!
Presented by Linda Harrison LPCS, CCS, MAC
Recommended Reading: Counseling Ethics for the 21st Century