LIVE STREAM - Clinical Supervision Part 3
LIVE STREAM - Part 3
Tuesday May 12, 2020
9:00pm - 12:15pm
LIVE STREAM - after you register you will be provided additional information about how to attend the live stream remotely from your home or office computer.
3 contact hours total (counts as face-to-face training because you will be able to interact, make comments, ask questions, and get answers in real time).
- 3 NBCC credit hours
- NCSAPPB approved substance use specific (SS) and clinical supervision specific (CSS)
Description (covers parts 1-5):
This year, we will begin Clinical Supervision I with the text, Clinical Supervision Activities for Increasing Competence and Self-Awareness by Bean, Davis, and Davey. This curriculum captures a new movement of mindfulness and contemplative clinical supervision that focuses not only on clinical skills but also on developing self-awareness in the professional relationship between counselor and client.
Just a few of the topics include:
- Facilitating Clinician Development Using Themes of Personal Issues
- Exploring the Person-of-the-Therapist for Better Joining, Assessment, and Intervention
- Seeing Through the Eyes of the Other Using Process Recordings
- Discovering Acceptance and Non Judgement Through Mindfulness
- Giving a Voice to Clinicians-in-Training About Their Concerns
- Developing Supervision Skills for Resiliency and Decreased Vicarious Trauma
- You are welcome to purchase the book ahead of time or just attend and find out if this type of clinical supervision fits your supervision style.
1. Develop a core clinical competence and self-awareness through a self-awareness and mindfulness lens
2. Develop skills of joining, assessment, and intervention
3. Develop skills to address dual diagnosis and special populations such as LGBTQIA, the immigrant experience, victims of domestic violence
We look forward to seeing you there!
Presented by Linda Harrison, LPCS, CCS, MAC
Recommended reading: Clinical Supervision Activities for Increasing Competence and Self-Awareness