WEBINAR - Overcoming Panic Attacks and Anxiety: The Light at the End of the Tunnel
Presented by Dr. Shannon South
Friday July 24, 2020
9:00am - 12:15pm
3 contact hours total (counts as face-to-face training because you will be able to interact, make comments, ask questions, and get answers in real time).
- 3 NBCC credit hours
- NCSAPPB approved substance use specific (SS)
Live online - after you register you will be provided additional information about how to attend the webinar from your computer, laptop or phone.
Anxiety Disorders are the most common mental health issue in the world. Science shows us that these ongoing anxiety patterns will add to a person’s earlier death and lots of suffering if left untreated. Many individuals in recovery from drugs and alcohol experience symptoms of anxiety. Dealing with anxiety becomes a coping strategy for recovery.
Mild to Severe panic attacks can accompany these patterns and create miserable to disabling symptoms plus more fear for the anxious person. Fortunately, there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
- Discuss the In’s and Out’s of Anxiety and Panic.
- Identify the symptom relief vs. long-term healing strategies.
- Discuss the Mind-body-spirit approaches that “get to the root” of the problem for good.
- Discuss how to heal anxiety patterns beyond cognitive therapy.
- Describe the important coping strategies for individuals in recovery from addiction.
We look forward to seeing you there!