WEBINAR - Healing from Sexual Trauma: A Psycho-Spiritual Approach
Presented by Dr. Shannon South
Friday September 25, 2020
9:00am - 12:15pm
3 credit hours total (counts as face-to-face training because you will be able to interact, make comments, ask questions, and get answers in real time).
- 3 NBCC credit hours
- NCASPPB approved for Substance use specific (SS)
Sexual trauma is more rampant than we ever imagined. Especially in individuals experiencing mental health symptoms and addiction. This epidemic has created silence and anxiety in even the most “powerful” women and men in our culture and often increased the shame, guilt, and feelings of unworthiness experienced by many victims who have survived this type of trauma. The good news is that the silence is breaking, perpetrators are being held accountable, and there is a strong movement towards wholeness, healing, and respect for those who have been victimized.
This webinar is designed to help therapists more deeply understand the “inner split” created by sexual trauma and to learn effective client- focused spiritual/psychological approaches to help heal the split. Join Dr. Shannon South and explore truly meaningful methods that capitalize on your clients’ strengths, empower them in healing, and assist them as they move away from the victim stage of healing and on to victory.
- List symptoms that may develop as a result of sexual trauma and explain the “split” that may develop when left unresolved
- Define “the trauma vortex” as well as basic tenets of Polyvagal Theory
- Identify 3 levels of consciousness in relation to recovery from trauma
- Describe spiritual and psychological ways to heal sexual trauma
- Practice methods to tailor psycho-spiritual healing tools to each meet individual client needs, based on their belief systems
- Identify manifestations of the insidious “flight-fight-freeze” response as clients are unknowingly triggered in their daily lives
- Describe how to help clients recognize and transform their automatic responses into genuine choice to gain authentic freedom
- Demonstrate application of client-centered tools to assist them in moving out of the trauma vortex
- Describe how to recognize and measure clients’ movement from the victim stage to the empowerment stage during psychotherapy
Hope to see you there!