WEBINAR - Healing from Codependency - A Journey Home to the Self
Presented by Dr. Shannon South
Friday October 2, 2020
9:00am - 12:15pm
3 credit hours total (counts as face-to-face training because you will be able to interact, make comments, ask questions, and get answers in real time).
- 3 NBCC crest hours
- NCASPPB approved for substance use specific (SS)
Codependency is referred to as the "core addiction of all addictions", therefore, it is not something you just heal from in an instant and are forever done with. You can, however, learn to recover and create a new relationship with yourself and others that empowers and honors the authentic YOU. One of the keys to overcoming codependency is learning where to let go and when to step into your power. Come find out more ways to love YOU and help your clients.
- Participants will understand what codependency is, its history and methods of treatment to free our clients and ourselves from this debilitating dis-ease.
- How codependency affects relationships plus a healthy relationship model will be covered.
- Ways to get to the core wounds and create a healthy sense of self are addressed.
- A psycho-spiritual model will be shared that gets to the core issues such as shame, fear, empowerment and self-love (or lack of these) and how to work with these in clients.
- Pathways to identifying and healing ourselves and our clients from this “compulsive behavior” will be explored and participants will leave with ideas on how to do this with their clients.
Hope to see you there!