Making Genuine Connections with Clients over Virtual Platforms
Friday August 27, 2021
Presented by Barrie Barton; Facilitator & Educator
and John Sanders, LCSW, LCAS, CCS
1:00pm - 4:15pm (3 credit hours)
Substance use specific (SS) & general skill building (GSB)
Since March 2020, business owners, educators, and entrepreneurs and of course YOU, mental health and addiction professionals, met the challenge and crossed the great divide: from predominantly in-person services to online counseling, education and other important communications. Online communication is requiring leaders to adjust their speaking and presenting skills in a fresh and bold new way.
Virtual communication is our "brave new world" of communicating, relating, educating and holding therapy and group sessions. Though not ideal, you can learn and establish new skills, fresh approaches, and effective methods to create connection, communicate with improved clarity, and develop a more intimate exchange to effect the change you seek with your clients and partners.
If you believe making a genuine connection with others is essential, this 3-hr. training offers tools to make online counseling more effective, to genuinely engage and build stronger connections even from a distance.
What We Will Do:
We will guide you through interactive, hands-on, small group and embodied experiences to learn and empower your virtual communication and therapeutic skills. The training incorporates multiple learning modalities to keep you actively involved, learning by doing, cultivating personal presence, and building a bridge between you and your clients. It will deepen and broaden your ability to skillfully and easily connect on virtual platforms
What You Will Learn/ Objectives:
- Skills for connecting with clients who are experiencing mental health and addiction issues over a virtual platform.
- Clarify the differences between in-person and virtual communication, why it matters, and how you can make a difference.
- Cultivate practices to generate self-awareness and presence.
- Create visual command and maintain professional image
- Use voice, body and visuals to amplify your confidence, enhance and improve connection, build trust, and connect with your groups and individual clients.
Join us and learn to transform virtual platforms into an expansive opportunity for growth and connection!
We look forward to seeing you there!