Group Therapy with Sexual Trauma Survivors
Friday May 31, 2019
1:00pm - 4:15pm
3 contact hours total:
- 3 NBCC approved credit hours
- NCSAPPB approved substance use specific (SS)
This workshop is the second half of the day, Tools for Healing Sexual Trauma is the first half of the day. You can purchase and attend just one or both workshops.
Group work with sexual trauma is both treacherous and deeply restorative. Few competent resources for this work exist, and most important is a strong and secure group culture necessary to foster growth and healing for clients who have been so specifically wounded. This workshop will cover group planning and facilitation from beginning to end, including interviews for potential members, group rules and expectations, and curriculum (for example, a group topic on how and why survivors typically struggle with addiction). It will include both lecture and active practice.
- Learn and be able to apply several group models for sexual trauma survivors
- Be able to plan, advertise and facilitate a sexual trauma group
- Develop group therapy skills and practice several group activities for sexual trauma
Snacks, coffee, water, and tea are all included!
We look forward to seeing you there!
Papillon DeBoer is an LPC in private practice in Asheville, and provides counseling for survivors of sexual trauma.