Who are you today? An Exploration of Borderline Personality Disorder
Friday July 6, 2018
9:00am - 1:15pm
4 contact hours total:
- 4 NBCC approved credit hours
- The NCSAPPB accepts NBCC approved credit hours
Description: “She is so borderline!” If you have worked in the field long enough, you have probably heard this exclamation. Even those who love working with this population will acknowledge that the way may be challenging, frustrating, and exhausting. If this is our struggle as clinicians, imagine the personal struggle of the client who lives with the diagnosis. This workshop is designed to provide the history and evolution of the disorder, criteria per DSM-5, identify populations at risk, co-morbidity, neurological vulnerabilities, and insight into the borderline personality mind. In addition, this workshop will explore best practice for treatment focusing on DBT skills and practical applications and countertransference issues.
- Explore and identify possible preconceptions and misinformation regarding Borderline Personality Disorder.
- Gain better understanding of the diagnostic criteria, symptoms and comorbidity risk.
- Identify populations most at risk.
- Identify evidence based treatments including four DBT skills which can be used as interventions when working with patients diagnosed with BPD.
Snacks, coffee, water, and tea are all included!
We look forward to seeing you there!
Jolene Gervasi, LPC, LCAS, CSI