Positive Psychology and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
Friday April 26, 2019
9:00am - 4:30pm
6 contact hours total:
- 6 NBCC credit hours
- NCSAPPB approved substance use specific (SS) and evidence based treatment (EBT)
It is human nature to avoid the negative, the painful, and the uncomfortable, but it is also the inevitable human condition. How many of our clients spend so much energy struggling against their negative experiences that they have become nearsighted losing vital connection with not only positive experience but self as well. This workshop is an introduction and review of both the concepts of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy and Positive Psychology and their common goal as psychotherapy modalities which use mindfulness, acceptance, positivity and value-based methods. Workshop will offer both theoretical and experiential instruction. Using these treatment modalities with substance use and mental health clients will be covered.
- Explore and identify the six core therapeutic processes of ACT.
- To become familiar with the concepts of positive psychology as strength and value based modality.
- Learn to apply mindfulness and acceptance processes to promote psychological flexibility.
- Practice using treatment modalities with substance use clients.
Lunch, coffee, water, and tea are all included!
We look forward to seeing you there!
Presented by: Jolene Gervasi, LPC, LCAS, CSI